summercreek | Comments Off on HOA Annual Meeting 10.13.2016
summercreek | Comments Off on SCHOA Board Meeting 11.8.2016
09 Jan 2017
Holiday Decoration Contest Winners 1. Childrens Delight. 5052 Sunscape lane 2. Best Traditional Lights. 8200 Rain Dance court 3. Most Original Presentation 7954 Dusty Way 4. Best Garland. 7904 Daystar Drive 5. Best Colored Lights 7912 Morning Lane 6. Best Yard Display. 7908 Morning Lane 7. Best Door. 5116 Golden Lane 8. Best Tree Display 5101 Gulfwind Lane 9. People's Choice Award. 8020 Misty Trail 10. Best Wreath. 5058 Golden Lane
summercreek | Comments Off on Congratulations to the Holiday Decoration Winners!
Recently SCHOA has begun pruning trees along our common areas to ensure we have healthy and attractive trees. Everyone should be aware that the City of Fort Worth requires trees to be pruned to a height of 14 feet above the pavement and they cannot block signage like stop signs. The SCHOA encourages each homeowner to be aware of their trees, hedges and other plants and to follow the requirements in the SCHOA Architectural Guideline (available on summercreek.org) to keep their property maintained. In doing so, you ensure our neighborhood appearance remains nice and just as important you increase your security by making your home more visible and reducing cover for criminals to hide behind. One of the top comments in the recent SC survey was about people maintaining the look of their home exterior. The SCHOA is currently issuing letters to those homes that are not in compliance with the guidelines, requesting the owner to take action. There are many good websites on proper tree pruning and several companies that are available if you desire professional help.
summercreek | Comments Off on Prune Your Trees and Maintain Your Landscaping Plants
Summer Creek Homeowners Association Survey Results 2016 In April the SCHOA board conducted a voluntary survey to understand how residents felt about the neighborhood and what the board could do to help Summer Creek remain a desirable place to live. Almost 150 homeowners (out of 300 sent) responded to the survey, providing tremendous insight about the status and direction of Summer Creek. What did we learn?
- 98% of residents say that Summer Creek is a GREAT neighborhood to live in.
- Residents generally feel safe walking in our neighborhood.
- Most residents said that we spend the right amount of money on landscaping and social activities.
- Most residents said we have the right number of activities; Halloween continues to be their favorite social activity. There is also interest in activities for the whole family.
- Most residents were aware that we do have Deed Restrictions and Architectural Guidelines; some knew that these can be found on our website – summercreek.org.
- Many respondents suggested that we need more enforcement of the current SCHOA rules.
- We are focusing on maintaining and improving the landscape in common areas where it makes sense, but are not planning any changes that would require an HOA dues increase to fund.
- We are maintaining the social event calendar that we have had for several years, and will try to add one or two ‘kid friendly’ events.
- We are informing residents, via letter, when their home or property is not in compliance with our HOA restrictions and architectural guidelines. This includes fences that need repairs, landscapes that are overgrown or not maintained, etc. We are continuing this effort.
- We restarted the Yard of the Month award to recognize those who have worked hard on the appearance of their home and landscape.
summercreek | Comments Off on SCHA Survey Results 2016
27 Jul 2016
Please join us in thanking Rick, Jamie, & Reese Browne for being the 'Neighbor on the Spot'. Last week Jamie and Rick's quick actions saved a neighbor's car from severe damage due to a criminal act. The HOA was so inspired by their actions that we created this new award - Neighbor on the Spot, to recognize those in our community that have gone above and beyond. We are proud to have the Brownes as our first recipients of this award.
summercreek | Comments Off on Neighbor on the Spot